You Need Experience To Get Experience
The first thing any employer will ask is “Do you have Experience?” A practical work background carries a major significance when attempting to enter the job market. Working as an intern is arguably the most advantageous plan of action.
Joining a company as an intern gives you the opportunity to work hands on in a professional environment. An intern isn’t thrown into the wolves but rather given proper training, assignments, and duties without the added pressure.
Internships often give you the opportunity to attend meetings and events. By interacting with professionals you gain new connections and learn how to communicate in a professional environment. Even if you think you don’t need it, it’s always good to have a backup plan. Life is unpredictable and a time may arise when a network may come in handy.
Types of Internships we offer
- External Internship Program (Jobscribe)
- Internal Internship Program (Within the UUNZ Campus)
- Enrolled in a UUNZ Postgraduate Program (Levels 8 or 9)
- Completed a UUNZ Postgraduate program within the last 6 months
- Holding a valid New Zealand Work Visa which will allow you to work part / full time
- In order to gain the best experience from your placement, you need to be available for at least 20 hrs. /week
- The Internship will be unpaid and there is no guarantee of a permanent full / part time position at the end of Internship.
How to Apply
UUNZ Student Support Team
Level 6 Reception, UUNZ Tower
09 915 3390